Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The Challenge... 5/14/07

There is a well known/exclusive club 'round parts of the Grand R. Affectionately known as the " The 20/20 Club".

Pretty simple entry application...

A 20" Brown (or more) on a #20 Fly (Wet, Dry or Nymph). Conservatively thinking of course, I'm gonna garner a guess it's members between 8-12 yearly (even that might be too high). Probably 1/2 of those are repeat or yearly entrants.

Figuring I'm on a bit of a tear lately (and only because I've been rubbing it in w/the Professor as payback). I'm gonna issue a new challenge to both the "Professor" & "Gilligan" (if he can ever get out to fish...) as of this weekend.

A bit of background history first. "The Professor" has been at this particular game for awhile now. Although he may say I "just wing it" I find it hard to believe as he consistantly bangs off 22"-24" ers every year. I've been there to witness it on many occasions, presenting the same fly as him, either right in front or behind his presentation. Only to have him ding the brute. Seen pics of them as well, so I know when he calls or emails it's legit.

The kid a.k.a "Gilligan" is a bundle of energy. Think Jack Russel Terrier on 6 Triple X-Large Esspresso's and you might have a close enough refrence point.

He on the other hand...Well... Seems they're all 23-25" er's when he fishes... alone. No pics to accent the tale, I give him 1/2 credit based on his Steelheading prowress.. Only 1/2 mind..

So back to the challenge..

Welcome to the "3/20 Club". Rules are simple

1 - #3Wt or less
2 - #20 or smaller fly
3 - photographic proof (mandatory) or viable witness (inserted for Gilligans' sake)
4 - May 19th - seasons end

Let's see who is first and/or the only entrant into this club is, by year's end..

No comments: